Even if you’ve only spent one winter in Alaska, you know the harsh elements can take a toll on your skin if you don’t adjust your skincare routine. The frigid, dry winter climate saps moisture from your skin, so it’s important to increase the use of hydrating products and lock in the moisture with serums and lotions that form a barrier.
And it’s not just the frosty air outside that is harsh. Indoor heating systems create arid indoor climates, further depleting the skin’s moisture. That’s why it’s crucial to use products designed to combat winter’s unique skincare challenges.
8 of the Best Winter Skin Care Products
When choosing winter skincare products that work for you, getting advice from providers who specialize in skin care is an excellent first step. You can consult FACES Med Spa’s team, which includes physicians (MDs), registered nurses (RNs), and an aesthetician, for recommendations. They can also point out what your winter skincare regimen should not include, such as harsh exfoliators and lengthy, hot showers or baths.
Here’s a look at some of the best products for winter skin care:
- Obagi Hydrate Luxe: Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize is the winter skincare mantra. This noncomedogenic moisturizer from Obagi contains biomimetic peptides, ensuring softer, more supple skin.
- skinbetter science Hydration Boosting Cream: Fatty acids in the skin called ceramides create a strong shield and retain necessary moisture in the skin. And skinbetter science products are dermatologist-tested, paraben free, fragrance-free, dye-free, and cruelty-free.
- Obagi Hydro-Drops Facial Serum: For frigid temperatures, making this innovative serum part of your daily skincare regimen is a must. It’s formulated with Vitamin B3 and hibiscus oil, to provide the ideal amount of hydration in any environment.
- skinbetter science Trio: This non-greasy, lightweight moisturizer uniquely brings balance back to dry, aged skin. It’s made with a patented triple-action formula designed to improve appearance of skin radiance and smoothness.
- Obagi Vitamin C Serum: As we wrote in an earlier blog post, adding vitamin C serum from Obagi to your winter skincare routine offers multiple benefits. One benefit: It keeps your skin hydrated by working hand in hand with a daily moisturizer.
- skinbetter science AlphaRet Exfoliating Peel Pads: These pads are not as harsh on the skin, making them great for colder months. They include a unique combination of a retinoid and alpha hydroxy acid, along with a blend of glycolic, lactic, and salicylic acids.
- PCA Skin Hydrator Plus Broad Spectrum SPF 30: Yes, sunscreen is just as important in the winter as it is during other times of the year. This sunscreen contains zinc oxide, a physical form of sunscreen that’s better for people with sensitive skin because it reflects light from the skin.
- Sunforgettable® Total Protection™ Color Balm SPF 50: It’s just as important to protect and hydrate the delicate skin of the lips and eyelids. Not only does this product from colorescience® offer total protection, but it also offers a pop of color to counter the dull grays of winter.
Want to learn more about the skincare products at FACES Med Spa? Our providers are exceptionally qualified and can recommend the ideal combination of products to keep your skin healthy and glowing throughout the winter. You can request a consultation using the online form to discuss your needs or call us at (907) 279-8800 to schedule an appointment.