Fine lines signal the first signs of aging. Inevitably, lines become creases, the skin loses tone and volume and lips grow thin. We use dermal fillers at Faces medical spa in Anchorage, Alaska to restore your youthful appearance without surgery. Although they can't help with excess sagging skin, these soft tissue fillers add volume and provide immediate results without undergoing a face lift.
Our highly-trained providers look forward to meeting you and answering all of your questions.Request a Consultation
Are You a Good Candidate for Filler Injections?
Fillers are relatively versatile products that can be used to treat a variety of age-related concerns. When administered by an experienced professional, such as a member of the staff here at Faces, they can yield natural-looking results that last for months or even years. Different fillers are often better at achieving different outcomes, and your injector guides you through each of your options to help you make an informed decision.
You are likely a good candidate for dermal filler injections if you meet the following criteria:
- You have moderate to severe facial lines or folds due to volume loss
- You have areas of volume depletion such as the cheeks, lips, or under the eyes
- You are in good physical health
- You have realistic expectations from your filler treatment
We offer fillers made with hyaluronic acid (HA), a substance naturally produced by the body to give skin volume. HA fillers last longer than collagen-based fillers and, because the substance mirrors that naturally produced by the body, there is almost no risk of an allergic reaction. Allergy skin tests are typically required before collagen injections.
The fillers we offer are 2 of the top products available:
- JUVÉDERM® is a smooth, injectable gel that adds volume evenly throughout the treatment area, such as the lines next to the mouth, chin wrinkles, and marionette lines. It is FDA-approved to last up to one year with only a single treatment. We use a form of JUVÉDERM that includes lidocaine, an anesthetic that enhances your comfort during the injections.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC has been FDA approved to replace age-related volume loss in the cheeks. The first filler of its kind, VOLUMA has been proven to create soft, natural-looking volume that can last for up to 2 years. Like other JUVÉDERM products, VOLUMA is formulated with lidocaine for improved comfort during and after the injection.
- Restylane® is a clear gel that helps provide fullness and elasticity to your skin. This filler corrects mild to moderate facial wrinkles and folds, such as the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth. Restylane is more cohesive than JUVÉDERM, making it better suited for certain lines and wrinkles.
Treatment with fillers is typically simple, straightforward, and brief. Your injector begins by cleansing your face. He or she then makes a series of quick injections into the areas of your face that you wish to treat. This may include the lips, cheeks, nasolabial folds, chin, or under-eye hollows. Each injection lasts for only a second and feels like a quick pinch.
Following your filler treatment, you're free to return to your usual activities as soon as you'd like. However, you may experience some short-term bruising, redness, tenderness, or swelling. These are normal side effects and typically resolve themselves within a few days.
The results of injectable fillers are immediately visible.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between BOTOX® Cosmetic and dermal fillers?
Although they're both injectable products intended to treat wrinkles, BOTOX Cosmetic and dermal fillers work in very different ways. BOTOX works by temporarily relaxing muscles that cause certain wrinkles, most notably crow's feet and glabellar lines between the eyebrows. On the other hand, dermal fillers physically fill in wrinkles and depressions beneath the skin. Each product has its own indication, but they can both yield impressive results. They can also be used in conjunction with one another.
How long will my results last?
This depends on the area treated, the product used, and how your body interacts with the filler. During your consultation, your injector offers you a specific timeframe. Generally speaking, the results of fillers can last anywhere between 6 months and 2 years.
Can I combine fillers with any other procedures?
Absolutely. Fillers can be a wonderful complement to BOTOX Cosmetic. They can also be used to enhance the results of facelift or other facial rejuvenation procedures.