Mark B. Lorenz, MD
Dr. Lorenz earned his medical degree from The Ohio State University College of Medicine in 2005 after graduating magna cum laude from Notre Dame University. A board-certified otolaryngologist, Dr. Lorenz completed his residency in Otolaryngology — Head & Neck Surgery at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor in 2010. He moved to Los Angeles to complete neurotology fellowship training at the House Ear Clinic before accepting a position with the Alaska Native Medical Center. He served as medical director of audiology before joining the ACENT team in Anchorage in 2015. Dr. Lorenz is certified in the subspecialty of neurotology, which is a branch of otolaryngology focused on diagnosing and treating neurological disorders of the ear. Among the procedures he performs is cochlear implant surgery for children and adults with deafness or severe hearing loss caused by a damaged cochlea.
- The American Board of Otolaryngology — Head & Neck Surgery (Neurotology)
- The American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery
- The American Neurotology Society
- The American Otological Society
- The Alaska State Medical Association